Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Gotta Love Those Books!!! ;)

I just finished rereading Sherrilyn Kenyon's "Fantasy Lover" and mmmhmmm...I've read this book about 5 times and each time I melt! It is such a remarkable combination of fantastic writing, to-die-for storyline/plot, and loveable characters. I'm a bit ashamed to say I have put off reading the remainder of the series, allowing myself to become distracted in all of the other amazing books I've come across. However after my latest reading of this fabulous story I am craving to continue the series!! I'm particularly desperate to read "Dragonswan" and "Night Pleasures" (that's what I get for reading the online excerpts...you think I'd learn not to read them until I can go out and GET the rest of the story but nooooo...*sighs*) No worries though...I'll have them in my hot little hands soon enough. And I have plenty of other amazing novels to keep my busy in the meantime lol.


Kresley Cole's Immortals After Dark Series has to be one of the best paranormal series out there. Cole's storylines are creative and, although they follow along a certain pattern as most series do, each novel is completely unique and a true treasure in itself. The characters vary wonderfully and her writing is such that you will instantly be sucked into the characters' world and will relish every moment you are there! I love that she didn't simply continue writing the same thing with the same types (or I suppose I should say "species") of characters; the stories and characters vary so greatly that you do not get a sense of monotonous repitition and yet because she keeps the same characters in each story (in the background, like character's such as Nix - who I am soooo dying to read about in her own story) the reader immediately feels familiar with the strange world and can instantly connect with each and every character, making it all the more personal and enjoyable. I have just finished reading "A Hunger Like No Other" and "No Rest For The Wicked" and am currently rereading "Wicked Deeds On A Winter's Night". All I can say for these books is that they are truly fabulous and anyone who enjoys paranormal romance will fall head-over-heels for this ass-kicking series! ;)

XoXo...
Cherie

2 comments:

Pearl said...

Hi Cherie,

I loved FANTASY LOVER too! Unfortunately I wasn't reviewing yet when I read it and I have waaaaaay to many books on my TBR to even think of re-reading but someday...someday... :-)

Kresley Cole's Immortals After Dark are all on my TBR-pile but again I have to find the time to start them. I've heard nothing but good things about them...

Hugs,
Pearl

Cherie said...

Lol I know what you mean...there are so many books I'm dying to read but never enough time =)

I definitely think you'll love Cole's Immortals After Dark series they are truly fabulous...the characters will capture your heart and the writing is amazing!

XoXo,
Cherie

(P.S. Thanx for posting) :)