Monday, May 26, 2008

"Suddenly You" (Lisa Kleypas)

Summary: She was unmarried, untouched and almost thirty, but novelist Amanda Briars wasn't about to greet her next birthday without making love to a man. When he appeared at her door, she believed he was her gift to herself, hired for one night of passion. Unforgettably handsome, irresistibly virile, he tempted her in ways she never thought possible...but something stopped him from completely fulfilling her dream.

Jack Devlin's determination to possess Amanda became greater when she discovered his true identity. But gently-bred Amanda craved respectability more than she admitted, while Jack, the cast-off son of a nobleman and London's most notorious businessman, refused to live by society's rules. Yet when fate conspired for them to marry, their worlds collided with a passionate force neither had expected...but both soon craved.
- Taken from Lisa Kleypas' Site http://www.lisakleypas.com/ -
~*~ My Review ~*~
This is the second novel I have read by Lisa Kleypas and I must say it has proven to be every bit as wonderful as "Mine Till Midnight" (a huge compliment indeed)!! The storyline was very original and the relationship between Amanda and Jack is (simply-put) mouthwatering!! Kleypas has once again managed to capture the desire, the tenderness, the vulnerability, the courage, the sparks, and most importantly the love, to such a degree that I was sad to see it end (although the ending was absolutely to my liking). And once again she has managed to create characters that I adore: Amanda is amazingly witty and I loved that Kleypas didn't follow the norm and make her the most saught after beauty in the story but rather a woman who was a bit more round than tall and who had accepted her life of spinsterhood (and yet she still had Jack desiring her in every way possible). And speaking of Jack: Kleypas has once again given me a hero fit for my fictional love list lol. Jack's wit, sexy looks, and playfulness mix with his air of danger, intelligence, tenderness and hidden vulnerability to make him my favorite playful scoundrel. ;)
I am so glad I bought this novel and can not wait to explore Kleypas' other works...I have no doubt they will all be as fabulous as the first two I have had the pleasure of devouring lol.
That is all for now...
Cherie :)

No comments: