Sunday, May 18, 2008

The Castle of the Wolf!!!


I finished reading "The Castle of the Wolf" the other day and stand by my previous belief that this is truly a wonderful romance novel. The storyline was original, the characters were wonderfully easy to relate to (and as I mentioned in a previous post, I ADORED most of the characters and despised one in particular - which I consider a sign of fabulous writing...after all, such a strong emotional response can only be brought about by a very good story :)...), and the ending was even better than I had hoped for. I don't want to give too much away, but lets just say that I now am eager to find my own "wolf" lol ;)

I also really loved how Sandra Schwab (the author) added in the spirit of the "Wolves of Wolfenbach"...it was very original and I enjoyed reading the short blurbs from their perspective!!

So all-in-all this was a really great book...I daresay it has even become one of my favorites, and I would definitely recommend this to anyone who enjoys either historical or paranormal romances (it really fits under both categories, although I'd say it leans more so into the historical area.)

I already posted a summary of this book just a few posts ago so if you'd like to read it, you can find it below or go to Sandra Schwab's homepage @ http://www.sandraschwab.com/.

3 comments:

Leigh Ann Baird said...

I'll add this one to my list. Thanks so much!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Oh, and if you are into historicals, have you read any Kathleen Woodiwiss? My favs are A Rose in Winter, The Wolf and the Dove and Ashes in the Wind. There are 2 or 3 others that I liked too but I can't recall their names right now. It's too early!

Cherie said...

Thanks so much for the comments!! :) Yes I greatly enjoy historical romances. I am particularly in love with Nicole Jordan's Courtship Wars series and Sabrina Jeffries' Royal Brotherhood series =) If you haven't read them you definitely need to check them out!
I hope you enjoy Castle of the Wolf as much as I did...

Always,
Cherie