Thursday, May 15, 2008

"Castle Of The Wolf" (Found A New One!!! ...hee hee)

There is a used bookstore in my town called "Friends of the Library"...I love going there because they generally have a few hidden treasures (all under $5!!) that I can lose myself in. I went in there yesterday to see what novels they had and stumbled upon a novel by an author I had never heard of before. I read the back and the front excerpt and was suddenly purchasing it (for only $2.25 in case you're wondering ;) ...lol....).

"Castle of the Wolf" by: Sandra Schwab is truly spectacular!!! I have to continuously tear myself away from it to study and yet can't seem to stray from its pages for very long (which is a good sign for the story but a bad sign for my finals this coming week lol).



"Castle of the Wolf"
By: Sandra Schwab



Summary: After the death of her father, Cissy Fussell finds out that she has
inherited a castle in the Black Forest - but on one condition: she has to marry
the son of her father's old friend.

Ever since he returned home from the war, physically and emotionally wounded, Fenris von Wolfenbach has lived in the castle of his family, retired from the world like the beast in the fairy tale. Thus he is far from happy when one day a young Englishwoman turns up on his doorstep and claims his home as hers. Fenris is prepared to use any means fair or foul to get rid of his unwelcome visitor again.

But will he manage to put Cissy to flight with rats on the loose? Or will she unravel the secrets of the Castle of Wolfenbach and eventually tame her beast?

- Taken from Sanrda Schwab's website http://www.sandraschwab.com/

~*~My Review~*~

I am nearing the end of Schwab's story...a few more chapters and I'll have to close the book (sad thought)...Thus far I have been thoroughly enthralled by Schwab's novel! It is written very well, has some very great characters (including some who you want to slap in the face and stab in the toe with your sharpest high heels...but also others who you want to hold safe in your embrace and whisper reassuring words of love into their ears all night long...), and the storyline is really amazing! Our heroin is an amazingly intriguing combination of innocence, wit, desire, bravery, and stubborness, while our male hero is a flawed, roguish, wonderfully gentle sweetheart "bugaboo" who has made my list of "fictional loves" under the title of "Bat Conquerer". Although the storyline may seem a bit too close to the corny aspects of fairytales when judged by the back cover, it is truly a delightful, intriguing read that had me laughing, sighing, and "ahhh"ing non-stop (there was also a moment where a certain no-good, egotistical scoundrel *scowl* made me lash out and wish I had high heels on and him within arm's -no! LEG'S - length) lol. This has been a wonderful read and I am sooo thrilled I took a chance on it at that charming little bookshop I've come to treasure. =)

I'll keep ya posted on the book's progress :)

1 comment:

Sandra Schwab said...

Cherie, I'm thrilled that you're enjoying CASTLE so much! Thanks for making my day -- and good luck with your finals!

Best wishes from sunny Germany,
Sandra :)