Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Bad Habits Tend To Come Back To Bite You In The 'Arse'

I know I shouldn't do it. Even as I say this I am doing it. I am jumping in between books. Although in my defense some of these are books I have read many times over, but still...It's just one day I'll be craving paranormal romance and the next I'll be in desperate need for a little historical love match. Can you really blame a girl for wanting to experience all of her favorite fictional loves all at once?...don't answer that.

At the moment I am still working on Karen Chance's Cassandra Palmer Series (I LOVE THESE BOOKS!!! But am having trouble focusing on them at the moment because I have already read the first two many times over and, while I am head over heels for them, I still find myself distracted by all of the books I have yet to read.) On top of Chance I am also working on Karen Hawkins' MacLeans' novels (I feel so horrible because I had actually read them out of order-unknowingly of course-and so now I am reading them in the correct order.) From what I have already read these books are supremely fabulous and this series is already in my top 5 historical romance series list...in fact I daresay it might possibly fall in my top 3 list (high praise indeed). ;)

Ok so here's a quick update on the going-ons in my life:
* My uncle from Germany is paying us a visit so we're all making sure to spend some quality time with him.
*I am still preparing for UCSB - it seems as though there's always something else to be done in regards to preparing for being there. I tremble in imagining what the actual being there will be like.
*I found out my speeding ticket will cost just under $100 so not great but definitely not as horrific as I imagined it would be - plus the amount I will have to spend on traffic school to get it off my driving record.
*I am currently volunteering at the used bookstore I told you about so long ago (not the quaint shop with the cats but the Friends of the Library store whose profits go to the public library and whose prices will tempt you to take up permanent residence within its walls). It looks as though I will be volunteering there every Tuesday! :) I really enjoyed my first day of volunteering yesterday; the volunteers are all in their 60's and 70's so the company is darling and the shop itself has this comfortable feeling to it. Plus (the true bonus): I get a sneak peek at all of the books before they get on the shelves on Friday hee hee. I've already found three books that I intend to buy by the end of the week.
*I also went to see The Dark Knight with my uncle today. It had to have been one of the best movies I've seen all year and I definitely suggest it to anyone and everyone - especially if you are a Batman fan like I am. I Love The Bat! Haha.

Well I guess that's all for now...I'm going to shut down my computer now and loose myself in the pages of one of my books...I'll post a review for Hawkin's MacLeans series as soon as I finish them (in order) which should be very soon indeed. Hope you have a wonderful day/evening.

Sweet Dreams,
Cherie

No comments: