Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Still At Orientation...

Hi guys,






Well I am still at UCSB Orientation - it's a 2 day thing where if you pay extra you get to sleep in the dorms and get a real taste of what life is going to be like shortly. So far this has been the ONLY break I've gotten (I do not consider sleeping a break seeing as how they even scheduled that!) I've been running all around campus, being shuffled from place to place. Have you ever seen UC Santa Barbara's campus?? Lets just say I'll probably be down to a size 2 within my first week of classes!! My legs are STILL sore from all of the walking around and climbing up and down the stairs (my temp. dorm is on the 3rd floor) all day yesterday! And guess what? I get to do it all again!! Yippie!! *haha I'm not sarcastic, no, not at all...lol*. Anyways, thus far at Orientation I have gone on tours, gotten my student photo ID Card, gone to lectures, gone to meetings, climbed the stairs to and from my dorm about twenty million times, showered in a dorm bathroom *one of my biggest fears regarding college...sharing bathrooms with strangers*, sampled the lunch and breakfast options in the Dining Commons, and have worked on putting together a course schedule that will work for me...although this is unfortunately not going as smoothly as I would have liked.

I must say one of the best things about having come to this orientation though, was waking up this morning and having the first thing I see out my window be the ocean. It's so peaceful here in the mornings. I'm looking out my window now and am simply basking in the serenity of it all. From my temporary dorm room you have a perfect view of the water and can just ever so slightly hear the crashing of the waves. I know for a fact that living so close to the ocean will be a strange experience for me, however I have a strong feeling it will be one of my favorite aspects of being at UCSB.

Alright well, unfortunately now I have to go to another lecture/meeting (which means getting up and walking down the many flights of stairs to the bottom and then continuing to walk from my doorm hall to the meeting place, where we will then walk with our advisory groups to the meeting...sounds like fun huh? Well I should probably hop to it then. I'll come back online a.s.a.p.

Affectionately,
Cherie

P.S. I am currently rereading Karen Chance's Cassandra Palmer Series (as I surely mentioned a few posts ago) but have had to put it on hold thanks to orientation. I am having some serious reading withdrawls here. Luckily however I am being picked up by my uncle and sister tonight sand then we are making our way to San Diego (and I am NOT driving this time, which means, I will get some reading time *YAY*. I'll keep ya posted on my progress...ttfn =)

No comments: