Saturday, June 21, 2008

Jacquie D'Alessandro ~ Whirlwind Wedding!!!

SHE WAS A TOTAL STRANGER...

YET SHE SAW RIGHT INTO HIS SOUL...

Austin Randolph Jamison, Ninth duke of Bradford, met the uncanny beauty at the ball at Bradford Hall. And from that first moment, he was stunned. How could this unsophisticated female, who climbed a tree in a ball gown to rescue a kitten, know secrets that could ruin his family, and speak of danger that threatened them all? Who was she, this American bluestocking who knew too much, whose innocence shone in her eyes even as her full lips tempted sin? Suddenly the duke knew he could not afford to let her go....

Some called it a gift. To Elizabeth Matthews, however, her visions were a responsibility that bound her to protect others from danger, no matter that the gossipmongers whispered she was chasing the duke to the alter. She vowed to use her powers to protect Austin at any cost, reckless of the passions that drove her into his arms., the need that made her his bride, never expecting marriage to turn into a love match that would become the ton's most delicious scandal....
- Taken from Jacquie D'Alessandro's website http://www.jacquied.com/index.html -
~*~My Review ~*~
Whirlwind Wedding was the book that first captured my attention and drew me to Jacquie D'Alessandro's novels. From the very moment I read the excerpt on D'Alessandro's website I was a goner. I knew I would love this story and so I have! I had originally hoped to make it the first novel I read by this author however it happened that I was able to get my hands on her book Who Will Take This Man? first and so Whirlwind Wedding was not the book that introduced me to this fabulous author, however Who Will Take This Man? wound up being an amazing read (see my review below to see just how amazing!!) and merely wetted my appetite for more of D'Alessandro's works.
Whirlwind Wedding is a fresh take on historical romances because rather than the heroin being the perfect, saught-after beauty, Elizabeth is an unconventional, eccentric American who captures not only the heart of our dashing Duke but the hearts of readers as well. D'Alessandro has once again blown me away with her superb writing, unique storyline, witty dialogue and completely loveable characters. D'Alessandro's novels are must reads for anyone who enjoys historical romances!!! I love this story! =)
~*~ Excerpts ~*~
"You want to kiss me."
Her whispered words brushed by him, setting his pulses thrumming. Damn it, yes, he wanted to kiss her. Needed to. Had to. Surely one kiss would satisfy this inexplicable hunger to taste her. Giving in to a craving he couldn't explain or fight any longer, he leaned forward. She stepped back. He closed the distance between them, but again she retreated, her expressive eyes filled with uncertainty.
Hell, the woman hadn't backed down before him once--not in the face of his anger, his sarcasm, or suspicions. But the thought of his kiss sent her into retreat.
"Is something amiss?" he asked softly, stepping closer.
"Certainly not," she retorted, inching backward until the wooden wall stopped her. "I'm merely, er, warm."
"Yes, it's quite, er, warm in here."
Two long, unhurried strides brought him directly in front of her. He braced his hands on the wall on either side of her shoulders, bracketing her in. Raising her chin a notch, she stared at him with what he had to admit was a fine show of bravado, but her rapid breathing spoiled the effect. "If you're trying to frighten me, your grace--"
"I'm trying to kiss you, which will be much easier now that you've stopped moving about."
"I don't want you to kiss me."
"Yes, you do."
He moved closer, until only inches separated them. The scent of lilacs filled his head.
"Have you ever been kissed?"
"Of course. Thousands of times."
He raised a brow. "I meant by a man."
"Oh. Well, then, hundreds of times."
"A man other than your father."
"Oh. In that case…one."
Unexpected irritation rippled through him. "Indeed? And did you enjoy it?"
"Actually, no. It was rather…dry."
"Ah. Then you were not properly kissed."
"And you wish to kiss me properly?"
"No." He leaned forward and whispered in her ear, "I intend to kiss you most improperly."
***
The kiss became an endless blending of heated sighs and pleasure-filled moans. Just one more...just one more will be enough...I'll have my fill of her.
But it wasn't enough. He couldn't get her close enough, feel her enough, taste her enough. His hands wandered restlessly up and down her back, first tunneling through her silken hair, then spanning her waist and cupping her rounded bottom, pressing her closer to him.

No comments: