Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Told Ya I'd Be Back... ;)

Laurell K Hamilton Guilty Pleasures book cover Anita Blake Series 2: The Laughing Corpse by Laurell K. Hamilton Anita Blake Series 3: Circus of the Damned by Laurell K. Hamilton


I just got into a new series!! I'd been meaning to read Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake series for a long time but always allowed other books to take its place in my reading list because although the storyline seemed interesting, I assumed it wouldn't live up to all of the hype - boy was I ever wrong! Hamilton's Anita Blake series (beginning with "Guilty Pleasures") is simply fabulous :). Hamilton is a good writer who has come up with an amazingly unique storyline, and has created a splendid (not to mention highly detailed and intriguing) world filled with characters that will not only grab and hold your attention, but who will bring forth a strong desire to either embrace or slap them silly. The dialogue is witty, the many events/adventures our heroin must overcome keep readers on their toes, and the characters are so wonderfully written you can't hhelp but be sucked into Blake's world of animators, vampires, voodoo priestesses, shape shifters and the like...

I have only read the first 2 books in the series ("Guilty Pleasures", & "The Laughing Corpse") and am just starting the 3rd installment ("Circus of the Damned") but already I'm hooked!!! I'm desperate to see what happens next and how the character relationships will deepen.



Photobucket

By the end of the first book I had already fallen in love with half of the characters, laughed and screamed at the pages, and mourned over losing one of the sweetest characters. The books instantly went to my favorites list and I recommend it to everyone.

No comments: