Saturday, January 17, 2009

Free 3 Day Weekend!!

First, I would like to apologize to the few people who actually read my blog for being so sporadic with my posts as of late. I've been seriously neglecting my blog - which is terrible since I love blogging about my favorite reads - and I'm sorry about that. My life has been a bit crazy for these last few months and the truly depressing part is that I now can only read on the weekends because my weekdays are almost always too packed to fit it in. Thankfully though, I was able to get some reading done over christmas break and am currently in the process of reading a new book and rereading a couple of old ones! =)

Here is the list of books I've read recently and will be posting on this weekend:

* Dying For You (By: Beverley Barton)
* Sugar Daddy (By: Lisa Kleypas)
* Stranger In My Arms (By: Lisa Kleypas)
* The Duke's Indiscretion (By: Adele Ashworth)
* Highlander In Her Dreams (By: Allie Mackay)
* Before The Scandal (By: Suzanna Enoch)

The books I am reading currently are all ones that I have reviewed before with the exception of a new one I bought the other day called "Ransom My Heart" (By: Mia Thermopolis - a.k.a. Meg Cabot)...so far it's amazing, and I'm only on chapter 2!!! ;)

Alrighty, well I'm going to start on some of the reviews now but before I do, I'd like to invite anyone and everyone to give me some books ideas. I'm looking for some new reads and am not having much luck outside of the same series I have already found. Anything romance will be good, I'm always in the mood for historical and/or paranormal romance, and lately I've been into contemporary romance as well ( any books similar to Kleypas' Sugar Daddy or Barton's Dying For You would be most welcome!)

Thanks,
Cherie :)

3 comments:

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Welcome back! I apologize in advance for the long reply.

Gosh, I've read so much lately I'm drawing a blank on book titles. I've read several YA titles lately...City of Bones & City of Ashes, Vampire Academy, Meg Cabot's Mediator series & Avalon High. For historical romance I like Johannna Lindsey's Mallory books and Catherine Coulter's Bride series (The Sherbrooke family). I found most of these at my library. Ooh, and Loretta Chase's Lord of Scoundrels is a favorite. Karen Marie Moning's Highlander books are really good too. I've read most if not all of those. I like Susan Elizabeth Phillips for her contemporaries (did I spell that right?)and she has 1 civil war era historical that I liked. I'm going to keep plugging Kathleen Woodiwiss's early historicals too. I've read several Linda Howard books. I recently read the Mona Lisa series by Sunny. I really liked it (it can get a little freaky) because it was different from other stories I've read. It gets heavy on the sex (especially book 2)and while not a romance, there is enough of that to keep me interested. I am eager for book 4 that comes out at the end of this month. I've discovered Lillith Saintcrow and am on book 2 of her Dante Valentine series. I like it too. Keri Arthur's latest Destiny Kills was really good.

Gosh, I could go on and on. I have a large bookshelf on shelfari (under Leigh Ann B) that shows the books I've read and how I rated them and it also shows the books I want to read.

Leigh Ann Baird said...

ok, one more and I'll shut up. Julia Quinn's Bridgerton series.

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Cherie,

Meg Cabot's Mediator series was good. The first 3 books were moving a little slow for me but I'm glad I kept with the series because the latter books were better and I got some closure. I would say Vampire Academy and City of Bones/Ashes were better books. After reading the Mona Lisa books by Sunny, I went to YA because I felt dirty (lol) and needed a clean read. All the YA books I've read recently came from the public library, so don't forget that place as a free source of books.