Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Back From Being MIA For An Eternity...

Hi readers,
Sorry it's been so long since my last post. There was some serious financial aid issues I had to work out on top of packing for college so I didn't have much time to do much of anything but college stuff last month. However, I am now officially settled in here at beautiful UCSB (University of Santa Barbara, California) and am loving it. I moved in on Saturday and already feel at home (well as at home as I ever will when away from my family and friends). It is so amazingly beautiful here. The beach is honest to God only a 2 minute walk from my room!! And there's usually only 3 or 4 other students out there so it's nice and calm and peaceful. The only way I can describe it is 'magical'. I have some pictures of my dorm and the beach for you guys which I will post in a few short moments. I have a lot of books to review although not as many as I would have hoped due to being so busy with moving away from home and such. Oh, I also turned 18 exactly 10 days ago so *YAY*!! I wont start on my reviews until tonight because I am accustomed to writing them around midnight, but I promise they will get written. =)

It's good to be back blogging!!
Cherie

2 comments:

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Welcome Back! I've missed your reviews. I'm glad things are going well for you at school and congrats on turning 18. My nephew just turned 18 and went off to college. Wow, that makes me feel old, but I'm not--My sister is 8 years older than me. Ok, that makes me feel better.

Anyway, can hardly wait to hear about what you've been reading...

Cherie said...

Thanks for the warm welcome!! =) I've really missed my blog...lol it's funny what we become attached to in this life haha. I plan on posting some reviews tonight...I am so relieved I'm basically settle din here...my reading time has been sadly diminished this last month and a half preparing for college. Hope to hear from you soon :)
Cherie